Top 5 Reasons Why You Want Natural Rubber Dog Toys
We grew up with pets, we went with our parents to buy our pets’ food, toys and accessories, but it took us being ‘pawrents’ ourselves to really start to try and process what is out there for our fur babies. When it came to chew toys we went with the plush, durable nylon or plastic toys and called it a day.
When we agreed on being the US counterpart to 4BF and put all our eggs in that basket, we immersed ourselves in the pet industry and the standards for dog toys. We were shocked to find out there are no regulations on what is manufactured and sold to pet owners. We had our own toxicity reports done and looked up the toxicity reports and what competing manufacturers put in their pet playables. We knew our factory in Mexico City had access to the safest rubber and their formula was the purest we could possibly come by. In addition to that, they manufacture our toys in a facility that exceeds standards given. Our rubber is tapped in Oaxaca and South America, which is actually where rubber’s story began with the Aztec and Mayan cultures. We take pride in knowing we are bringing rubber back to its roots and bringing the best to your best friends. You can find a “Behind the Scenes” video that shows you how we make our fillable Crazy Bounce Ball. It is a crowd favorite.
In all our research here are the top 5 reasons why you want natural rubber dog toys:
- Rubber trees are harvested in a tapping process and the tree is not cut down. It is a sustainable material that the World Wildlife Fund backs.
- It is non-toxic and there is no need for plastics and chemical fillers to be added. It is perfect just the way nature intended.
- The material gives and does not splinter. If the material is broken, it comes out in chunks that are easily discarded when supervised play is happening, or better yet, you can recycle natural rubber.
- It is actually good for dental hygiene and easy to clean. We pop ours in the dishwasher!
- It bounces, it is tough, weather resistant, slobber resistant and doesn’t smell like artificial garbage, petroleum or have an oily texture, which is perfection for our best friends.